How to effectively detect soil compaction when soil compaction is insufficient?
When soil compaction is insufficient ...
A road and bridge construction unit has won the contract for subgrade construction of a certain class of highway H contract section. However, in the subgrade quality inspection, the compaction degree of the subgrade fails to meet the compaction requirements specified in the code, and the construction unit needs to rework and compact.
In order to avoid rework, the construction unit carried out a strict quality inspection this time and implemented real-time monitoring of the subgrade compaction. At this time, the construction unit is facing two problems:
，他们该如何选择？ Sand irrigation method (ASTM D1556) and rubber ball method (ASTM D2167) are currently commonly used methods to test the compaction degree in the field, but these methods are very time-consuming, and the test results are affected by the operator's technical level and are destructive to the soil surface , How should they choose?
，较为麻烦，如何解决？ If a nuclear density meter is used, it requires a penetration probe and a special license , which is more troublesome. How to solve it?
。 Finally, the construction unit chose the third solution: a nuclear-free density meter . To this end, the construction unit found us ...
How to effectively detect soil compaction?
In order to meet the market demand for fast, accurate, non-nuclear soil density / compaction, and non-destructive soil structure and moisture content measurement, we have introduced a new technology from TransTech-Soil Density Density Meter SDG200.
Soil seedless density meter SDG200
The non-nuclear density meter SDG200 is used to test the wet density, dry density, compaction and water content of soil in civil construction projects. It makes up for the limitations of various methods for measuring soil density. It adopts a completely non-destructive detection method without destroying the compacted soil structure. It is the most advanced soil density testing instrument at present. Moreover, it can be quickly measured to ensure that the subbase material and engineering backfill soil are compacted, avoiding problems such as excavation and repair, hidden safety hazards, and traffic jams caused by rework.
Solve the problem
● No radioactive source, replacing nuclear instrument
● Ensure that the subbase material and engineering backfill soil are compacted
● Avoid improper road excavation and repair (rework or recall)
● Avoid hidden safety hazards caused by road repairs, traffic jams, pollution and the use of nuclear instruments
● Avoid uneven compaction during foundation construction
● No longer need the various licenses necessary to use the nuclear instrument
● Operators no longer need specialized training / certificates and radiation monitoring
● No special requirements for storage and transportation
● Friendly user interface, full-color graphic interface, new display mode of status bar
● Simple operation, high cost performance, suitable for everyone in the group
● New data management features to quickly access, download, or delete project data
● Fast, reliable, accurate and repeatable real-time data reading
● Ensure the foundation of engineering structures such as buildings, bridges, roads and dams
Let's look at a case first. First, when the user who purchased SDG200 performed the test at the site, the test results were abnormal, the water content in the high water position was low, and the test result in the low water position was high. To find out why, our technicians rushed to the scene immediately. First ask the user to charge the instrument for one night, and then measure a few more points the next day for comparison. In this test, the user provided the maximum dry density, optimal water content, and sieving data in accordance with the requirements of the instrument. (Through the software provided by TransTech, you can easily calculate the indicators that CC, CU and other instruments need to enter).
The test results are shown below (comparison of the three points measured on site with the three-point sand irrigation method test at the same location):
From the above data, the test results are very close to the test data of the traditional irrigation plant, which can meet the needs of users for rapid assessment of compaction on site.
In order to use SDG200 accurately, we recommend:
● The user is required to prepare the maximum dry density, optimal water content, plastic limit, liquid limit, and sieving data of the soil before the test.
● Use software provided by TransTech to calculate Cc, Cu, and% Gravel,% Fines,% Sand,%> 3 ",%> 3/4" and other parameters, and enter the instrument.
● After inputting the parameters, the instrument will measure a few more points on site, usually at least 3-5 points. At the same time, users are required to do ring knife or tank sand measurement. The results of the two methods are compared. Set the average deviation of water content and dry density to compensate in the instrument.
● Test at the same site to assess compaction.
Seeing this, are you excited? Contact us today: